Sunday, July 15, 2007

the worst day of my life


Yesterday I got an awful call from my mom. My dad, who is a competitive aerobatic pilot, wrecked his Yakovlev 55 stunt plane, and was killed when he crashed into an Everett back yard. He was out for a regular morning fly, one of his favourite things to do. Apparently he ran into engine trouble, and was trying to put down in a field when the plane just dropped to the ground at a very steep angle. I guess that we can be a little happy that he died doing something that he loved.


I'm leaving the Jambase consulting project and flying in to Seattle today to help my family, who are obviously in a terrible state. I don't know what is going to happen after today, and just feel horrible. In some ways, this seems like the wrong place to post this information, but then again, since the people who read this are family and friends, it's probably a reasonable way of spreading the news. Reba is flying out asap to help, and Shelby has been a great support here in San Francisco. Having close people that I love seems really important right now.


Still, I feel dead inside, and I'm so worried about my mom and grandma. I know that we'll all pull through and sort out our lives, but right now that sounds like a very very big task.


momdad.jpg


mom and dad


Powered by Zoundry


share this via facebook

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ean!
This is terrible news. My deepest condonlences.

Prakash Varghese
SBS Class of 2008

Anonymous said...

Ean!
This is terrible news. My deepest condolences.

Prakash Varghese
SBS Class of 2008

Frank Bascio said...

Ean,

You have been like a brother to me since we first met. I have the picture of when I first met your dad at Reba's birthday party right here..

Please have a safe journey. June and I wish you only the best in this troubling time.

Frank

Sebastian said...

Ean

Our sincere condolences.
We wish you all the strength needed in such a tragic situation.

Klaudia&Sebastian
SBS Class of 2008

Abhijit Shaha said...

Ean,

This is a really really sad news. Wish you and your family will come out of it. My deepest condolences.

Abhijit
SBS, 2007-08

Anonymous said...

Ean, you are in my thoughts all the time. I am so sorry for you and my deepest sympathy to your family. Sending you lots of love, Sue

Anonymous said...

Ean, I am so so sorry for your loss, I can't even begin to imagine. Take care as best you can. Laura (Santa Cruz)