Friday, December 14, 2007

home for the holidays


We're back in Seattle now, staying with Tasha and Keith in Ballard. It's the usual whirlwind of social calls, drinks, breakfasts, etc. My old friend Carl has opened a bar with my other old friend Tim, right here in Ballard. My other old friend, Stacy, is the head chef. It's called Tiger Tail, and it's pretty classy. They're going for sort of a Asian Hipster New Ballard Old Punkers Foody Weird Drinks vibe, and I think it works pretty well. Of course, since all my Seattle friends hang out there all the time, and it's owned and operated by people I like to hang out with, it's a bit of a shoo-in for me.


IMGP1520.JPG


Tash and I at the bar... those light fixtures are rumored to have come from Sambos


IMGP1514.JPG


Cookie, Amy, Dan, me and Tash


IMGP1519.JPG


Carl, working. I think even he's shocked.


Powered by Zoundry


share this via facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're back! I have been trying unsuccessfully to catch up with all that you and Reba have been up to since, oh, August or so, but I don't want to just skim through your blogs because they're such good reads, but at the same time, I have no time now that I'm a working mom of 2. Anyway, I will read them in the evening since there's nothing good on TV with the damned writer's strike. I hope you are well and that we get to see you again one day. xoxo Laura (Santa Cruz)