Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Cup Runs Over

I haven't written in the blog for quite some time now.  And the truth is, lots of interesting stuff has been happening.

IMGP0030

girls girls girls

At first, I wanted to make a clean break with blogging about school for future mba students, thought I might be being a bit narcissistic in writing endlessly about myself, and also felt that a lot of what I am experiencing is the private business of my employer... so why keep blogging at all?  My mom wanted me to print up a book of the mba year blog stuff like you can with lulu.com, and I figured that with this, I could end the whole thing nicely with a final entry showing how I got a job in London, a new apartment, and everything worked out in the end after all.

Still, I'm experiencing a ton of stuff over here that makes me think "wow that was pretty cool" and to tell the truth, tends to fade right out of my mind!  Memories are sort of hazy for me like that... there's lots of people, places, experiences, funny stories etc. that I don't remember at all from the sicko band touring days, and now I feel like I'm letting these experiences slip away again.  Stuff I've done since the last post in October but can't remember too many details about includes:

  • staying at the Hotel Wellington in Madrid for a weekend, dressing up in a suit every day and walking down to the bull fights to meet Angel
  • catching the train from Euston Station (1 tube stop away) to the Gare du Nord in the 10th Arrondissement of Paris to visit Kent, and spend the weekend playing with weird guitar effects and throwing stuff off the balcony
  • taking mom to the Yorkshire Dales (and eating Wensleydale Cheese!) and Santorini
  • seeing original lineups of Dinosaur Jr. and My Bloody Valentine, and trying to figure out which was louder
  • traveling to Knutsford and living in a rural hotel room one night a week every week all year (double Jameson with lots of ice to the room, please)
  • and last night, seeing Dragonforce, the video game music obsessed English power metal band with Reba

 

operation ground and pound by Dragonforce

...and these are just the ones I remember.  These are even a bit hazy!  So obviously I need to get back down to it. 

 

We've been busy(ish) with the radio show, check out the latest episode here: Episode 24, I think we're going to have guest DJ Sallywebb in the next couple of weeks.

 

love,

 

e


share this via facebook

1 comment:

wool and misc said...

yay! your back! i'm a self indulgent blogger, and i don't care!

hope you guys are well. we miss you very much.