Friday, February 03, 2006

02.03.06 91%

This is the score I got on my first accounting test, which is OK, but not as good as I would have liked. The stuff I got wrong was mostly a product of not understanding the way my instructor thinks about accounting, instead of not understanding accounting itself, which is good. However, I want a 100%! I keep reminding myself that the point of this exercise is to become familiar with the basics of a subject with which I will be expected to become familiar on an unreasonably short timeline. So, this is groundwork. Ethan (my brother) says that this stuff will help me with 1/4 to 1/2 of my first financial accounting course, but after that it's all big picture stuff that this "beancounting" course won't help with. I figure, at the minimum, it will get my brain working and in the habit of studying again. While the French classes were awesome I have to admit that they were pretty conversational and non scholastic toward the end. Of course, I had fun with that. :)

share this via facebook

No comments: