Tuesday, January 24, 2006

01.24.06 third eye gone!

In an attempt to shore up all of my medical needs while I'm still on US insurance, I am getting some dentistry done and a lypoma removed from my forehead. A lypoma is a little lump of fat that builds itself up in one place or another, I don't know why in particular. This one was on my forehead, and I called it my "3rd eye", even though it was quite small. I still thought it was ugly, and didn't want to get into the situation that my father in law had: his got as big as an acorn, and moved down his forehead so that it hung over his eye! Today I went in to see Dr. Lawler to have mine removed. First, they injected lytocane (sp?) which made it swell up, so that it really looked like a 3rd eye.

Then, they cut the thing out. Reba watched, an I could kind of see what they were doing via the reflection in her glasses. Yuck! After a lot of cutting, ominous scraping, and blood wiping, they had the little guy out. It was the size of a cherry pit, sort of globby and yellow/bloody. Here is a picture of it in the biopsy container.

And finally, they stitched me up, and put a bandage on my head, which is pretty goofy looking:


...so I'm staying home the rest of the day. Plus, this will give me a chance to finish up my accounting homework.

share this via facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that you had your unborn twin removed from your head, will you still be eating for two?

Anonymous said...

I wonder if that conjoined fetus on his head was what used to make him say all those gosh awful offensive, and sometimes uncomfortable, things about people.

Ean, do you still hear voices?

Anonymous said...

I think the fetus mostly encouraged him to finish what was on his plate.