Friday, April 28, 2006

04.27.06 100% & stupid brothers

Should I be jazzed about getting 100% on my first stats test? It's just community college, and MBA-land will be 1,000,000,000 times harder. Like +22 standard deviations if community college stats BUS210 = μ. I am, however, going to make of point of showing off to Jeff Miller that I finally know what a Poisson Distribution is. :)

1 month to go before we take off to see the feria in Madrid and find the apartment in Oxford, and I can hardly wait. Reba and I took Thursday (today) and Friday off this week, it has been FABULOUS to not be at work. I think that I will be into this life change if for no other reason, because it will get me out of the toxic atmosphere of my current job. That's probably a bit dramatic. I will miss my boys, but I sure won't miss the 800 things I could list that uber-suck about that place. Ethan and Eban came over for lunch today, it's funny because Ethan is studying the same stuff (binomial distributions) that I am studying now. Of course his studies are focused on how stats actually apply to business, and what I'm doing can only help me figure out my odds if I play the lottery or decide to guess my way through a multiple choice test (like you really need stats to tell you not to play the lottery or guess through a mult choice test), but it's still the same basic math. It's a lot of fun to learn how these things actually work, I really dig being able to say, "OHHHHH, so THAT'S how that works" about some basic everyday thing that I always just breezed over before in life. The accounting class was like that, so is this one. Maybe I should be a professional student, it turns out that I actually like learning. Who would have guessed that back at WSU in 1987? I'll tell you who: no one. I will definitely miss Ethan, Eban, and our Thursday "baby brother lunch" days. Those are really great fun, and it's nice to be somewhat close with my family. I suppose those lunches will have to be a bit fewer and farther in between when Reba and I are over there. All the more reason to convince my stupid brothers to fly out to visit!

share this via facebook

No comments: