Thursday, August 31, 2006

08.31.06 arrival

1:01 PM GMT

Landed at 11am, booked through immigration and customs no problem. The Oxford Express bus comes every 30 minutes during the day, so I caught a ride quickly. Now it’s 75 minutes to Gloucester Green in downtown Oxford, and then a quick ride over to the rental agency to pick up my key.

3:44 PM GMT

The bus trip took a bit longer than expected because of some traffic, but I got to Oxford by 3 PM, managed to rip the strap off of my brand new duffel bag, caught a cab, got to the rental place before it closed, got my key, and got to the new apartment. I supposed I’d better start calling it by the English name, but just feel weird writing about it here. Now I’ on the phonse with British Telecom getting a phone number and a “broadband” connection. They claim it’s an 8 Megabyte dowload speed. I find that a bit odd, since D/L speeds are usually given in Megabits. Whatever. I need connectivity, so I’ll take it.

Heathrow

my bags at heathrow waiting for the bus


share this via facebook

No comments: