Friday, December 15, 2006

15.12.06 Aftermath


The MBAs played "pub golf" last night. It's big with the Anglo crowd (English, Australians, South Africans, Americans) and somehow involves dressing up like golfers and drinking specific drinks with rules at different pubs. And being really drunk. Highlights include:



  • being asked to leave one bar

  • being asked never to return to another bar

  • One (anonymous) MBA managing to drop a 20 pence piece in her tights... it made it all the way to her foot before she noticed

  • Another (anonymous) obliterated MBA being carried home over a mile by his pals, fighting and thanking them the whole way


...and the most brain splitting headache of my life. I didn't even drink that much. I (stupidly) pulled an all nighter Tuesday night, took two tests Wednesday, and then came home and slept until 2AM Thursday. I then got up and worked finance problems until 8AM. By 10PM, my brain just HURT. Reba and I went home early and crashed. Apparently I fell asleep before she finished brushing her teeth.


A word about Reba. Everybody knows how great she is and how much she means to me. But I think a lot of people back home don't know how much she's been supporting me over here, and I want you all to know how awesome she's been. As the term wrapped up and I was spending more and more time cramming on papers and assignments, she was making dinner every night, making sure I had clean clothes and the apartment was clean and livable, getting me coffee to stay awake, taking care of errands, cooking for study groups, and being really emotionally supportive to me when we did get a chance to just sit together and talk. And, holding down a full time job as well. And, while I've been a stressed out wreck. As things stretched into 9th week (exam review, no classes) I started doing 2 day review sessions per subject, 10AM to Midnight. As exam week came up, the really crazy schedule came into effect. Reba was supporting me the whole time, quietly working on her research on the other side of the room or giving me space if I needed it, making food, keeping the rest of my life together and never complaining while I focused on school. We didn't have one argument in the last 3 weeks, and I know it's not because I've been so reasonable and agreeable: I've been a basket case. She's been perfect, meeting me way more than halfway... I'd say she's been meeting me 80% of the way, picking up my slack. This would be a lot different without her, and I believe, a lot worse. I'm so lucky to have her in my life.


Powered by Zoundry


share this via facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are more lucky than you can know, Reba is truly a gem. We all know you more than you deserve.

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased that Reba has been so lovely to you recently Ean, because she has been taking it ALL out on me in the lab!! What a wonderful wife, but christ a B**ch to work with!!!! Take her away, and don't let her back unless she is mean to you and nice to me!!

ean said...

Oh Crap! The English have found out about my blog! I'm busted!!!