Tuesday, December 19, 2006

19.12.06 Home for the holidays


I'm back in Seattle for a few days relaxing, staying with Tasha and Keith in their Ballard home. Reba is still in Oxford, because she doesn't have enough time off to come here for two whole weeks. I got home the day before yesterday, and have been doing all the requisite Seattle activities... eating burritos, going to the local coffee shop for a well made latte, etc. I stopped by to see mom and dad on Sunday night, and even went to a show downtown last night with Pat and Julie: El Vez. El Vez is the Mexican Elvis impersonator... wacky stuff. I didn't really realise that he was so political, but mostly he's a silly fag doing a kitchy sarcastic take on the Elvis theme with a goofy East LA latino bent. Oh yeah, and because it's Christmas, there was a heavy santa claus theme involved too. The upshot was a Mexican guy with a huge Elvis Pompadour in an array of shiny vinyl Christmas/fetish outfits singing weird punk rock Elvis song medleys with funny "Latino" title changes. Right on, whatever. Yesterday, I mostly just vegged out and watched The Office episodes on Tasha's couch. I even had a Snoqualmie Brewery Porter... nice stuff. Today I am up at 5:30am, because I can't sleep from the jet lag. I'm going to sushi lunch with pals today, and hopefully go out for beers with lo fi Bri tonight. I also need to finish some Christmas shopping and buy some wrapping paper. And get some clothes at Brooks Brothers... English fancy clothes are just too damn expensive. I decided not to go to France with the MBAs after all: Reba and I are going to have some chill time in the OX1 before school starts up again, and Ean/Reba QT will be good before diving back into the mayhem. This is a bummer because I won't be skiing in France, but it will be for the best. There's really not too much going on right now... just relaxing and enjoying the Seattle lifestyle a bit. Bagels and Javabean coffee today!!!!




Powered by Zoundry


share this via facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please enjoy some Seattle tap water, you teeth will appreciate the fluoride.