Saturday, March 24, 2007

23.03.07 all done


The last two tests are done, I am done, Reba has split for the weekend, and I'm here with my papers to write.


Developing Effective Organisations: 9:30 AM Friday. I nailed this one. I nailed this one good. Perverse metaphors abound, but let's just say that this one went well. I used more models, terms and diagrams than ever before in an exam, and that frankly makes me feel a bit weird. Honestly, what kind of a skill is that? Applying Greiner, Goffee/Jones and Tacit-Formal communication to any situation and being able to draw a diagram to exemplify it is of ZERO real world value. But, it gets me through the 3 hour case study exam, so whatever.


Macroeconomics: 2:30 PM Friday. This was OK. There were 4 short questions worth 10 points each and one long question worth 60 points. I knew 2 of the 4 really well, and on 2 had to bullshit a bit, but probably got some points. I thankfully REALLY knew the long one, so this was probably a reasonable passing exam too.


After the Macro exam, we all went out to the Turf Tavern for some celebratory beers. Then Shelby and I got dinner at Gino's (an actually decent Italian place in Oxford) and I went home and to sleep. Yes it's true, I did not go and rage with my colleagues, I was just too damn tired, and felt the sick coming on, so I decided to rest instead of getting sick. It paid off, I feel good today. Now I just have to finish my OM and FM papers, and it's off to Paris to see Tasha and Keith next weekend!


I think the big news this term is that I put a lot less freaked out pressure on myself but still worked just as hard. I also didn't do some really stupid things, like trying to pull a 37 year old all nighter. Just like last time, I don't know what's going to happen with final scores, but I'm pretty zen about them... I think I'll be OK and if not, I'll figure something out. Plus, I have the secret weapon of really really good grades going into most of these exams, so even outright fails on certain exams would result in passing scores. Whatever happens, I'm not going to lay awake at night freaking out about results like I did last term! It doesn't change anything, except for making me go from feeling good to feeling shitty.


Photo-0004.jpg


a little AM guitar playing helps me get my zen on


Powered by Zoundry


share this via facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I lay awake at night freaking out about:

http://www.eanh.net/images/Photo-0004.jpg