Tuesday, March 27, 2007

27.03.07 closer closer


We handed in the Operations Management paper on Monday at noon. Now we're working on Financial Management, that's due at noon on Friday. I also need to get a lot of work done on my business plan project before Friday. Basically, I'm on the same schedule as I was the last two weeks: 8 AM to 1 AM, working away all day. Though I have to admit I prefer papers to exams at this point... the exams here are so absurd that it really just sucks to take them. Everyone crams into a hall for 1 to 3 hours depending on the exam, you have to memorise every little thing you're going to use... for me this means boiling 8 weeks of reading and class down to several dozen frameworks/techniques and 5 to 15 sub points per framework. I sit down in the test, and write them all out on the paper they give us so I can refer to it. Then there's the bit about all work being done in pen. Even math. Oh yeah, and the exam schools won't let you bring in your own calculator, you have to use theirs, which generally means that it's fucked up in some way or other. And never forget the tuxedo and cape. Because you really wouldn't want to take an exam without your fucking tuxedo and cape would you? We all look like a team of Dracula juniors in there. Especially with the red carnations pinned to our lapels.


On to sunnier thoughts...


The reason I have to get the business plan work done this week is because the plan is due just after vacations, and I have a lot of really cool trips planned. Check it out:


- This weekend: Paris with Tash and Keith and Reba


- Next week: villa in Torremolinos, Spain with Barry, Renee, Shelby, and Dan


- Next weekend: Wales with Reba and AJ and Nat who are visiting us


- Week after: first few days in Belgium drinking weirdbeer with Kent


- Rest of week and weekend after: Greece with Jean and Julia and hopefully Reba if she can come!


Then Trinity term starts and I get busy again. Oh booh.




ox.jpg


Powered by Zoundry


share this via facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who wanted to go to prom with the pretty girl? Hmmmm???

Anonymous said...

Poor thing, how you suffer, good thing you got the pretty girl.