Monday, June 18, 2007

nearly done


Things are coming to and end now. 9th week of Trinity term has begun, so I have taken my last class at Oxford. Unless you count the 1 week "capstone" course at the end of the year. Apparently we have to write a paper and do some group work as well. So, while that technically will be the end, practically speaking, we are just about through... left on the list are:


* write two papers (this week)


* sit two exams (next week)


* summer consulting project (two weeks in San Francisco, 6 weeks in Oxford)


* write up the consulting project (last week of August)


* 1 week capstone class and papers (1st week of September)


...and then I graduate from the OX1! OX1 is my post code in oxford. Speaking of this, we played an end of year awards ceremony this past Saturday, this time it was me, Pat, Reba and Gabe. The show was lots of fun and we debuted a new song, "fear and loathing in the OX1"... sort of a mba at oxford theme song. I plan on making a recorded version with protools once I'm done with exams and papers. Here are some pics of this latest version of the birdbath...


IMG_5557.jpg


pat sings "big bottom"


IMG_5669.jpg


in all our glory


IMG_5671.jpg


my sweet wife on the drums


IMG_5673.jpg


gabe throws down some sweet indie style noodles


IMG_5686.jpg


my mouth is big



The plan for the fall is shaping up. Reba wants to travel a bit, so it looks like the "get a job" part of this whole deal will be going on hold for a bit. I get done with school on Sept 15, and then have a month off. I think I'll go back to Seattle for a while, and maybe visit some folks around Europe too, until Reba finishes her contract on Oct 16. Then, she and I will go on some trips together... Santorini, Cedar Key, maybe Belgium finally. Then, mom and maybe dad come out for my Merton graduation ceremony on Nov 3. After this its a trip to Normandy with mom for two weeks. Then for the last bit of November and December, we'll be in Seattle. At the end of December it's out to Taiwan to see Frank and June's wedding. Then, some time in Hong Kong and it looks like we'll have a train trip to Tibet after! Neat-O! THEN, back to Oxford to find a gig, get a London apartment, etc. This Wednesday we extend the lease to February 15 so we'll have time for all this... it's kind of scary because I really want to get a job lined up now... I guess that's conservative part of my nature. At the same time, I really want to have some cool travels with Reba, and with my mom, and it's really important to Reba to have some time with her family and new nephew at Christmas. Decisions, decisions. Well, after we sign the February extension on the lease this Wed, the decision will be pretty much made!


Powered by Zoundry


share this via facebook

No comments: