Tuesday, November 27, 2007

cedar key


What a great place this is. My parents bought a house here back in 2000 when it was a bug infested disaster. They spent a couple of years renovating and decorating, and now it's a super cool gulf of mexico vacation pad. The whole house is built up on stilts to avoid hurricane damage, as is common here... its a bit Swiss Family Robinson, it takes two flights of steps to get up to the front door! There's a screened-in deck that wraps around the whole house, a dock and a bunch of property right on the Suwanee estuary. It's just gorgeous, it's in the 70s in late November, there's ibis, pelicans and egrets everywhere, the fishing is great, and my parents spent a lot of time here. I have some great memories of this place. My dad had dreams of taking the grandkids here for fishing vacations when they got a little older, etc. etc. And of course, now that my dad is gone we have to get rid of it. :( So, Reba and I are here this week, and Ethan and my mom will come down next week, and we're going to clean the place out. It's lovely being here again, but it's certainly bittersweet knowing that we won't be back. Ah well, at least we'll get in some great fishing.


Powered by Zoundry


share this via facebook

No comments: