Wednesday, May 06, 2009

my baby shower

In almost everywhere in the world, baby showers are given by women for women who are about to have their first baby.  In almost everywhere I go in the world, my friends/coworkers think it’s fun to make fun of me via semi-emasculating attempts at humor.  Given this, my boss and the admin from our group bought a bunch of baby stuff for me, including diapers, baby shampoo, wipes, towels, and of course some sill baby shower crap like a baby balloon and a pink “daddy to be” sash.

P5010012

Victory setting up before I got to the room

 

P5010021

Victory giving me my basket of baby stuff

 

P5010025 

this one shows a bit more of my coworkers, from left to right there is me, Bola (African but I don’t know exactly where from), Chris (Greek south African), Torsten (German), Victory (south African), and Robin (English).

 

 P5010018

I just liked this one.

 

The people I work with also put together a little book with notes of encouragement and advice around being a dad, and also newspaper clippings of current events so I would remember what was going on when I became a dad.  At the end of the day, I let the baby balloon go in canary wharf and watched it float up and over a skyscraper.  There was no way I was taking that thing on the tube, and it kind of felt good watch it go.

 

P5010010


share this via facebook

No comments: