Tuesday, January 03, 2006

01.03.06 money

Got the paperwork to do the US to UK wire transfer from my stock broker today, Reba has to sign it tonight, and then SBS gets their down payment sent tomorrow. Also have the student loan docs done, which also require my fine wife's signature before sending off. This down payment is non refundable, so if announcing to my colleagues that I'm quitting wasn't final enough, sending off the wire tomorrow will make this life-move pretty damn irreversible. Of course, at this point, I've told everybody I know, and if I forgot someone, the rumor mill spreads the story for me. It's funny how a fancy name like Oxford makes everyone chatty... the congratulations and back slapping and "isn't that a neat adventure" stuff is of course great, but I imagine it would come regardless of what school I attended. There's something about this school in particular, or more probably, the American conception of this school in particular, that makes people talk it up. While this is all fun for me now, I'm starting to feel the pressure already... there is no freaking way I can afford to fail at this. I don't think I'd want to come back to Seattle if that happened... just facing everyone would be unbearable. So, I will just have to succeed!

Tonight is the first night of Accounting 210 at SCCC, my attempt at doing some pre-game warm up for Oxford. Next quarter will be business statistics, which should be interesting, at least. We'll see what accounting is like, honestly I'm not looking forward to it. I am, however, looking forward to being on a tighter schedule, with all the holiday free time I'm getting antsy again: I only need a few hours of sleep at night, gain weight, etc. So, this will keep me focused and tired, which always takes a load off of my mind.

share this via facebook

No comments: