Wednesday, January 04, 2006

01.04.06 ACC210

The loan info and wire transfer have been sent. Now, I'm stuck going to Oxford, unless I give up my deposit. I only wish I didn't have to wait 8 more months!!!

Had the first session of ACC210 last night. Several other people and I were standing outside the class waiting for the instructor to arrive, and as class time got closer, no one in apparent authority showed up. One guy was worrying somewhat vocally about whether we had the wrong room or not, and another guy wearing a purple shirt mentioned that he had heard the instructor was a "real jackass". Fabulous. Then, just at class time, a security guy came and opened the door, saying hello to purple shirt guy, which seemed odd. Then, purple shirt guy came clean and admitted that he was actually the instructor, which was pretty damn funny, and scored points with me. The class was OK, he talked about some very basic accounting stuff, which seemed appropriate for the crowd he's speaking to: bookkeepers, 4-year transfer hopefuls, high school kids getting occupational education credits, people who own small businesses and need to be better at the books, etc. etc. And then, there's me. I know absolutely FUCK ALL about accounting, so even the most basic data is useful. The age range in there is probably from 16 to 50, I suppose that's typical of community college courses. I hope that I will be able to handle taking this class as well as the asp.net programming stuff coming up, but if last night is any indication, I should be OK.

share this via facebook

No comments: