Thursday, October 18, 2007

it's a hard knock life...


The big post graduation trip has begun. After a quick trip to Seattle for my 20 year high school reunion, I came back to meet Reba in Oxford on Monday. On Tuesday I went down to London to meet with more recruiters, two of whom had promising positions and were going to submit me immediately. I met Allan, Kaysa and Brandon for a pint at the Globe pub in the City that night, and then went out to Gatwick airport to meet Reba. We stayed the night at the Holiday Inn and got up reeeeeeaaaaaaly early to get a flight to Athens, and after a day sitting around the Athens airport, caught our flight to Santorini. The short version is that Santorini is a giant volcano in the middle of the Aegean sea, with cool little towns built along the huge crater lagoon. I've been to this place before and wrote quite a bit about it if you want the details, but it should suffice to say that Santorini is the single most beautiful thing (without breasts) that I have ever seen in my life. This is Reba's first trip... I got her up at 7 to see the sunrise, and she actually didn't get mad at me! Though she did go back to bed. We splurged and are staying at a really sweet place right on the edge of the caldera lagoon. While I'm here, I am working on my resume (it seems that everyone wants a different version) and applying for jobs. I even have a phone interview this afternoon. Here's where I'm working from...



job search, the rough way


I suppose that I could have found a worse place to lay around and work on my resume! I was a bit nervous about taking a trip without having a gig landed, but now that I'm here, I know I've made the right choice. This place is beautiful, relaxing, has awesome food, and has a wireless internet connection. I can work right out on the deck! After a week of this, it's off to Rome for a week and then back to Oxford to meet mom for my graduation ceremony. Then, mom, Reba and I got to Normandy, Brittany, and Provence for 2 weeks. It's a hard knock life, but I'll soldier through somehow. :)


Powered by Zoundry


share this via facebook

1 comment:

Katy said...

HI Ean!
I am jealous that you are in Greece. You totally deserve to relax and enjoy the view. What a year you have had and you should be really proud of yourself. Savour every second. We miss you over here in Texas and hope you can swing by on your way to Seattle after Florida.
Keep in touch.